Name Of The Department :
Department of Biochemistry S.C.B. Medical College Cuttack.
Departmental Overview :
- Department deals with teaching undergraduates (MBBS and BDS), DMLT, BOT, BPT, and Post-graduate students.
- Conducts seminars, journals, departmental thesis work.
- Round the clock Lab investigations including molecular diagnostics.
- Research work of other Department.
|Department Started :||Department Started By Whom :||Current Hod :|
|1963||Prof. Dr. N C PANDA||Prof. Dr. P K SAHU|
- Launch of Newborn screening lab in P.G dept of Biochemistry.
- Start of NBS(New born screening) LAB for screening and detection of 4 congenital diseases of newborns i.eG6PD deficiency,PKU(Phenylketonuria),Neonatal hypothyroidism,17 alpha hydroxylase deficiency.
- Next Generation Sequencing on Covid-19 workshop from 17th to 21st October in PGDept of Biochemistry.
- Launch of NGS Lab in theMolecular & Genomics Lab of PG Dept of Biochemistry on 21st Oct.
- First of its kind in any Government run hospital in ODISHA.
- Thalassemia workshop on 15th Nov held in PG Dept.of Biochemistry.
- Bioinformatics for NGS workshop on 17th&18th Feb.
- 5.USAID RISE Regional level(East Zone) NGS Networking workshop on 04.07.23.
- Presentation on Alinity CLIA Machine &Customer Experience Day by ABBOTT on 05.07.23.
- Inauguration of Emergency Biochemistry Labof the PG Dept of Biochemistry on 5.7.2023
Ongoing Research Projects:
- Study of association of serum QCRP and transcription factor NFKB 1 gene polymorphism with severity of coronary artery disease.
- Endothelin 1 and high sensitivity CRP as risk factors for pre-eclampsia.
- Study of association of serum copeptin and seum troponin T with severity of coronary artery disease.
- Common inflammatory markers in PCOS: a BMI matched prospective case control study.
- Study of serum apelin and serum IgE levels in adult patients of bronchial asthma with or without obesity.
- Serum prolidase activity in type 2 diabetic patients with or without diabetic nephropathy.
- Study of epigenetic changes in fetus in response to maternal weight gain.
- Aberrant expression and DNA methylation lipid metabolism genes in PCOS: a new insight to its pathogenesis by comparative study.
- Study of genetic profile of HPV related Head and neck cancer in Tertiary care hospital.
- Evaluation of Vitamin D3 deficiency in women with infertility.
- Study of lipid profile changes in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy- a case control study.
- Trend of thyroid hormone levels in perinatal asphyxia in term neonates.
- The prevalence of Vitamin D3 deficiency in pregnancy and its outcome an observational study.
- Study on Ascitic fluid cholesterol and fibronectin: a better diagnostic parameter than conventional ascitic protein values in differentiating malignant ascitics from non malignant ascitis.
- Serum biochemical markers combined with uterine artery Doppler during second trimester as a predictor of pre-eclampsia.
- Serum LDH level in pregnancy and its association with hypertensive diseases in pregnancy, maternal and perinatal outcome.
- Spectrum of alloimmunization and transfusion frequency in relation to gene mutation in transfusion dependent b thalassemia pt.
- Lipid profile and ECG changes in hypothyroidism in adults: a descriptive cross-sectional study.
- To evaluate anxiety and stress marker in cancer patients receiving chemo and radiation therapy- a cross-sectional study.
- Analysis of various hormone levels in suicidal death cases in Eastern Odisha- A autopsy based cross-sectional study.
- Newborn screening of inborn errors of metabolism
- Oxidative stress as reduced glutathione GSH in G6PD deficient neonates.
- Next-generation sequencing of SARS- CoV-2
Facilities Available Including Investigation :
- Teaching and training facilities for undergraduates, postgraduates, DMLT, BOT, BPT
- Investigations including RBS, FBS, PPBS, RFT, LFT, Lipid Profile, Serum Uric Acid, Electrolytes, Serum Amylase,
- Lipase, Cholinesterase, 24hr Urinary Protein, Cardiac Markers, Thyroid Profile, Prolactin, Ferritin, Hormonal Assays, Fluid Analysis, Cancer Markers.
- Molecular testing including HPV genotyping, MTB RTPCR, Malaria RT PCR, EGFR, BRAF, KRAS MUTATION
- HCV RTPCR, COVID 19 RTPCR and COVID Antigen testing.
Suggested email ID of Department: email@example.com
|Faculty Name||Suggested Email ID|
|Prof Dr P K Sahufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr P Pandaemail@example.com|
|Dr P Sarangifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr M Mohapatroemail@example.com|
|Dr K Panigrahifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr B Swainemail@example.com|
|Dr S Nayakfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr P R Joshiemail@example.com|