Name Of The Department :
Department of Hepatology , SCB MCH, Cuttack
Departmental Overview :
- Liver disease all kinds.
- Liver abscess
- Pancreatic Pseudocyst drainage
- Diagnostic GI system USG
- All therapeutic GI system USG
- Liver Biopsy both adult & pediatric
- Center for National Viral Hepatitis Control Program (NVHC)
- Free HBV Vaccination
|Department Started :||Department Started By Whom :||Current Hod :|
|2006||Prof. Dr. Umesh Chandra Patra||Prof. Dr. Umesh Chandra Patra|
Facilities Available Including Investigation :
USG Abdomen Pelvis, Doppler USG, Fibroscn, UGlE, Colonoscopy, Side viewing, Duodenoscopy, ERCP, Liver abscess drainage, Pancreatic pseudocyst drainage, USG Guided Abdominal Paracentesis, Therapeutic Endoscopic.
Ongoing research project :
- 1.Correlation between serum ascites albumin Gradient and esophageal varices in chronic liver disease patients with portal hypertension .
- 2.Study on diagnostic performance of APRI score in assessment of hepatic fibrosis in chronic hepatitis C with Elastography as the gold standard .