Name Of The Department :
Department Of Pediatric, SCB MCH, Cuttack
Departmental Overview :
- 446 bedded Tertiary Care Department
- The 1st Critical Care facility in the State
- MD seats number has increased to 24 per year
- Large neonatal care center
- SVPPGIP is the State Newborn Care Resource Centre for training of doctors and paramedical of the State over neonatal & pediatric training programmes of Govt.
- DEIC & NRC at SVPPGIP are fully functional center used for the training by the State and caters multifarious services to patients
- 135 research publications in indexed journals
|Department Started :||Department Started By Whom :||Current Hod :|
|1966||Dr. Sarat Chandra Mishra, Professor, Medicine||Prof. (Dr.) S.K. Satpathy|
Facilities Available Including Investigation :
- Pediatric & Neonatal Critical Care Services.
- Pediatric Nephrology and Pediatric Hypertension Clinic (first of its kind in Odisha).
- Pediatric super specialty service are being offered in nephrology, neonatology, pediatric surgery.
- ROP screening and laser surgery is being done by the Ophthalmology faculties in collaboration with L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Bhubaneswar.
- Congenital Heart Disease screening and surgery is being done through RBSK scheme in DEIC.
- Hearing screening and hearing aid distribution, clubfoot management is being done through DEIC.
Extraordinary Recognition Of Faculty (National / International ) :
- Awarded IPNA international fellowship for training in “Advanced Pediatric Nephrology “at McGill Health University, in Canada.
- Awarded FRCPCH in Pediatric Renal Transplant ” by Royal College of Pediatric and Child Health, UK.