Name of the Department:
Department of Transfusion Medicine, S.C.B. Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack.
Departmental Overview :
• Blood collection:
1. In-house Blood collection in Phlebotomy Section.
2. Out-door voluntary Blood Donation camp.
• Blood Processing:
1. Serology Section
2. Transfusion Transmitted Infections(TTIs) section
3. NAT-PCR (Nucleic Acid Amplification- Polymerase Chain reaction) Section
4. Component preparation section
• Blood Issue:
1. Catering the need of the patients admitted to SCBMCH, Cuttack, AHRCC, Cuttack and private nursing homes
2. Serves as Mother Blood Bank of two blood storage units, one at O & G Department , SCB MCH, Cuttack and other at SVPPGIP (Sishubhawan), Cuttack.
3. Issue of Blood to Thalassemia & other Hemoglobinopathy patients on regular basis admitted in the day care unit of Clinical Hematology Department, SCBMCH, Cuttack.
• Immuno-Hematology Lab:
1. To resolve cases of blood group discrepancies, AIHA(Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia).
2. Perform Coombs Test( Direct & indirect), Antibody screening, Antibody identification, Antenatal work up etc.
3. To deal with Transfusion reactions work up.
• Apheresis Section:
1. Providing Single Donor Platelet (SDP) to thrombocytopenic patients.
2. Performing Therapeutic Phlebotomy.
• Plasma Bank: Performing Plasmapheresis and supplying Convalescent Plasma to moderate to severe COVID 19 positive patients not responding to Oxygen therapy.
|Department Started :||Department Started By Whom :||Current Hod :|
|2011||Founder & HOD, Dr. Bibhudendu Pati||Prof. Dr. Pankaj Parida|
• Facilites Available Including investigation:
- Blood grouping, Cross matching
- Coombs Test, Antibody screening, Antibody identification
- Supply of Whole Blood, Packed Red Blood Cells, Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP), Random Donor Platelet (RDP)
- Single Donor Platelet (SDP)
- Convalescent Plasma (COVID-19).
- Resolving Blood Group discrepancy.
- Transfusion reactions work up.
- Minor Blood Group Phenotyping
- Exchange transfusion
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Quality Control of Blood and Blood Components.